Give feedback

Automatically merge when a code review is created

In deveo there is currently no way to determine if a code review will end up with a merge conflict or not. There is also no way to poll for branches that have code reviews.

My feature suggestion would be that on the Deveo side you would automatically merge the target and destination branches and store the results somewhere like refs/pull/000/head and refs/pull/000/merge where the head would be the target branch and the merge would be a up to date merged version.

This would fix the two biggest issues atleast I myself have with deveo. Not being able to tell whether or not merging a code review will end up in a merge conflict before actually pressing the merge button and secondly not being able to properly run continuous integration builds merged versions of branches that are up for code review.

Currently if you would want to run continuous integration on the merged version of the code and use Deveo you would have to build all the feature branches (even ones without code reviews) every time something is pushed to master.

16 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jani MäkeläJani Mäkelä shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ilmari KontulainenIlmari Kontulainen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the suggestion Jani. Showing the merge status/conflict makes total sense. We have had this improvement on our backlog for some time. I will try to push the priority so we could include it in one of the upcoming releases.

Feedback and Knowledge Base